Thursday, October 28, 2010

Some eyeshadow reviews

ULTA:

When I first started really getting into makeup I used to buy a lot of Ulta eyeshadows since they were usually buy one get one 1/2 off or free. I have found that they are a hit or miss usually. Some are very pigmented others honestly..suck. I don't use them too much now but I figured I would swatch them for anyone who might be interested.
TOP: (LtR): Naked, Iceland, Bone, Camel, Truffle
Mid: Sunburst, Knit, Cognac, Mink, Golden Olive
Bottom: Radiant, Verdigris, Mint, Gun Metal

Naked, Iceland, bone, Camel, Truffle, sunburst
Knit, Cognac,Mink, Gun Metal
Golden Olive, Radiant, Verdigris, Mint

Favs:
Naked, Camel, Bone, Truffle, Gun Metal, Mink, Radiant, Golden Olive

Take it or leave it:
Mint, Knit, Sunburst, Cognac

Dislike:
(I threw these away after this review because of the horrible pigmentation. I felt like I had to dig my brush into these in order to get any color)
Iceland, Verdigris

REVLON: Illuminance Cream Shadow

I bought this by mistake. I have to be honest, I never reach for it. I have used it a few times and the colors blend pretty well but these are the only cream shadows I really own. I find that the white is a little clumpy. The blues are very pigmented and pretty.

ELF:Brightening Eye Color

I had heard good reviews on this so for the $1, I figured I would try it. In all honesty..although the colors are pretty nice they are SO messy! I feel like when my brush touches the lower left grey its all over the place. I guess for the price, its not bad. That one color drives me nuts though. I find that I barely touch this palette because of this.



No comments:

Post a Comment